Intermediate hikes in Ridanna-South Tyrol
Destination Pfurnsee Lake
If you are planning to embark on a hike in Ridanna/Ridnaun-South Tyrol and which is not too challenging, then we may have the right suggestion for you. Set out on this intermediate hike to one of the most beautiful mountain lakes in Wipptal! At the end of Val Ridanna/Ridnauntal follow the trail no. 9 to Aglsboden. Here take the path leading to the right (marking no. 9A). Follow this steep trail up to Aglsalm. The mountain lake is situated at 2,500 metres above sea level and surrounded by a fantastic mountain range. Take the same way when coming back. This hike in South Tyrol takes about six hours and covers an altitude gain of over 1,000 metres.
An alternative for the way back is the route via the Teplitzer alpine lodge which lasts four hours but rewards you with breathtakingly beautiful natural sights.
Manni, our hiking guide is happy to help you plan your hikes.
Top intermediate hikes:
- Geigenscharte – mine – Staude mountain lake – Martalm: 4 hours (300 m elevation gain ascent; 900 m elevation gain descent)
- Sasso di Mareta/Mareiter Stein: 4 hours (800 m elevation gain)
- Monte Cavallo/Rosskopf – Köpfl – Telf/Telves alpine pasture: 4 hours (600 m elevation gain)
- Obere Aglsalm: 4 hours (600 m elevation gain)
- Racines/Ratschings Russian trail – waterfalls: 4 hours (500 m elevation gain)
- Ridanna/Ridnaun mountain huts (inner and outer Wurzeralm – Joggele Alm – Stollespitze): 4.5 hours (600 m elevation gain)
- Gewingesalm: 4 hours (700 m elevation gain)
- Prantneralm – Saun: 4 hours (550 m elevation gain)